Local SEO campaigns are essential for brick-and-mortar businesses and service providers in a specific area. Local SEO is the best way to beat your competition in the neighborhood.
Local SEO strategies are challenging because search algorithms and ranking factors constantly change. As local SEO campaigns grow in popularity, business owners and digital marketers are also raising their game.
Why is Local Search Engine Optimization Important?
Businesses need to have an effective local SEO strategy to increase their website’s visibility in local searches.
As of 2022, here are some interesting local SEO statistics
- A total of 46% of all Google searches contain local intent
- Local businesses are searched for online by 97% of users
- Approximately 1.5 billion locations are visited every month as a result of Google searches
- Searches for local businesses result in 28 % of purchases
- In 78% of local searches on mobile, offline purchases are made
- Consumers are 70% more likely to visit a store after finding information online
- The first result of local business searches receives 24.4% of all clicks
- Last year, mobile searches for “near me” increased by 136%
- Almost half of all “near me” searches result in a visit to an offline store
- In the absence of an online presence, 62% of consumers will disregard a business
- Before choosing a local service, 88% of potential customers check online reviews
- Google Maps is used by 86% of customers to find local businesses
- The location of a search is relevant to 30% of all Google mobile searches
- At least 29% of people search for local businesses every week
- Google My Business listing has not yet been claimed by 56% of local businesses.
- It takes an average of 4.76 months for Local SEO to produce positive ROI results
What are the types of local SEO?
Local SEO has a pivotal impact on your business, as shown by these figures. It is one of the most effective ways to generate qualified leads for your business by optimizing for local searches.
The following tips can help you boost your Google ranking in local search engine results pages (SERPs):
#1: Research keywords in-depth
A local SEO campaign’s first and most crucial strategy is to use the right keywords. Finding relevant keywords with the highest search volume is the goal. In local SEO keyword research, geo-targeted Keywords are needed. The key phrases can also be divided into primary and secondary key phrases with city location and/or region.
When using a local keyword strategy, you can target both the main city and the business’ regional area. Variations help you reach your target audience more effectively. All you need to do is make sure that all your keywords relate to your business. Your physical store/office location should also be accurate.
#2: Utilize Google My Business (GMB)
Getting more customers is easier with a Google My Business account that is optimized for SEO. By using this platform, you can provide useful information to your customers, such as contact details, location, and store hours. GMB also lets customers leave reviews. In addition, you may be able to get your business listing featured in Google’s local search results if Google validates your business as authentic.
In addition to improving your Google rankings, GMB can help customers find your store more easily. Local searches are also usually conducted by consumers who are ready to invest in goods or services.
Creating a GMB account isn’t difficult. Besides being easy to navigate, it offers many useful features. Among the features, you can use our status updates, upload images, and share content. You can also set up a map location. Also, it’s free, so there’s no reason not to use it!
Google My Business Optimization
Your brand and credibility are among the objectives of GMB. You should start by using clean, crisp photos. Google reports that businesses with high-quality images receive 42 percent more driving directions requests and 35 percent more clicks than those without.
It is also important to encourage reviews on your GMB. As mentioned earlier, 95 percent of consumers check online reviews before visiting a physical store. Furthermore, businesses with the most positive reviews can also improve their Google rankings.
#3: Take your content marketing strategy to the next level
Similar to other digital marketing campaigns, content marketing requires a focused approach. Create a content plan that includes your city or local area when you are running local SEO campaigns. Keeping your web content or blog up to date isn’t optional anymore – it’s a must!
The following is an example of local SEO content:
- Write about local events, news, and activities on your blog
- Content that promotes a specific region or area
- Create videos or write articles about charity events your business supports
- When a business has multiple locations, create service pages tailored to each location
- Information and relevant content are essential for every page
- Include keywords in your headers and body copy to make your content more search engine friendly
- Choose quality keywords instead of headers with a changed city name
Here are some additional reminders:
Maintain an updated content strategy. As of now, Google and other major search engines recommend at least a thousand words of quality content. Consider spreading out the name of the city you’re trying to rank throughout your content, but avoid keyword stuffing. Furthermore, don’t use too many keywords as this will compromise the quality of your content.
#4: Effectively use citations
Citations are also an important component of a successful local SEO campaign. It should be an ongoing part of a location optimization strategy. By utilizing it effectively, you can increase your visibility on Google’s local pack. The purpose of citations is to make your business information easily accessible to customers. It includes your business name, address, and phone number (NAP). Most digital platforms, such as online directories, social media, and apps, feature them.
Here are a few additional reminders:
Quality always wins over quantity. Ensure that your citations are on websites that are relevant to your industry. Regularly update your business information so Google can verify your business as authentic, which can greatly affect your local search rankings.
The first step to improving your search rankings is to identify the various factors that affect your rankings. No matter what niche your business is in, local SEO is a battlefield. Monitoring and adapting to these dynamics is imperative for business owners. Improve your local SEO strategy by using the right tools. Contact a local SEO agency in Las Vegas like Mac J Web if you’re looking for expert advice.